Unanswered Call

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Dec, 17- saturday, later

Girls really suck. James is a freshman and his little freshman date crushed his heart. He asked her to dance and she said no. But when this Sophmore guy asked her to dance she practically jumped into his arms.

She never left the Sophmore guys side the whole night. He was embarrased. He went to talked to Nate about it, but Nate just brushed him off. Nate was busy with his date and didn't have time to deal with his little brother.

So what he did was hang out in the guys bathroom all night. He called me when the dance was over, asking me to pick them both up.

I noticed something was wrong by the way he was walking to the car. "What happened, James?" He looked out the window and said, "Girls are dumb. Sherry is stupid. Everything is stupid. I'm stupid. We're all stupid. What was I thinking?"

I didn't say anything. He needed alone time, and I gave it to him. Nate hopped into the car, having the best night of his life. "Guess what, Lindy!" I looked at him sitting in the passenger seat. "Samantha is my girlfriend! I asked her to be with me during the final dance and she said that she would love to. Isn't that great?"

I smiled at him and said, "yeah." When I glanced at the rear-view mirror my heart broke. He looked so lost. I'll talk to Nate when I get home. Maybe he can give him some advice or sumthing.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home