Unanswered Call

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Chapter 2

December 1st- later

The meeting ended shortly after. The parents informed me that they would be purchasing a used car through the Pennysaver. I was okay with that. I didn't expect a brand new car to appear in our driveway tomorrow. A junk-bucket will get me to and from the places I need to go.

Lena tried to hold my hand as we went back to our room. She keeps trying. and I still deny her. It hurts. She is the only one trying. I really should hold her hand. But I don't.

I was sitting at the dining room, attempting to do my homework, when the parents came in. Father gave me the responsibility speech, "Be careful, we are trusting you with a car. Be a defensive driver, don't have faith in the other drivers. You don't know if they are under the influence."

Wow, he told me not to have faith in the other drivers. I wonder if he has faith in me. I just nodded. Mother smiled and said, "the car is on your terms, but bne respectful to your brother and sisters."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home