Unanswered Call

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Chapter 1

December 1st

"Family meeting in the living room." Mother told me firmly. I rolled my eyes and sighed. All family meeting did was turn everyone against each other. Words get screamed across the room and feelings get hurt. Why do they keep insisting on them if nothing ever gets done.

But I don't question it. I never question it. I just do what I'm told and keep to myself. It's the only way I can survive.

The four kids and myself piled into the living room. The parents came into the room trying to dominate it and gain our attention. They grasped their clipboards and Father began, "This meeting is going to be about Lindy's car."

Lindy. That's me. My car? I don't have one. The youngers started to squable, Nate the 2nd oldest yelled out, "WHAT? I don't have a car yet." Mother smiled and said, "It might be because you don't have your license. Remember, you are only fifteen. Lindy is going to get a car so it's easier on us. She can help out with chores like, taking you or picking you up from practices, grocery shopping, stuff like that."

Nate, Lena, and James all stared at me. Nate finally gained the courage to ask, "So what do you think about this?" I looked at him and said slowly, "Just give me a two day notice if you need to go anywhere."

Lena, the youngest, looked at me and asked, "You can take me to go to Melody's house to play?" I whispered, "Yes."

This is what I have to do. Accept everything. Take the responsibility of everything that happens in this house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home