Unanswered Call

Thursday, November 11, 2004

chapter 4- December 5- monday

First day of driving. pretty uneventful. that's a good thing.

some of the regulars in the parking lot asked me about my car. "what year is it?" i shrugged. i dodged all their questions. They don't care about the car, they just want me to speak so they can talk to their little friends about it.

Nate and James answered all their questions though. Oh the joys of having siblings. they talked about it excitedly and Nate whispered to them that after i leave the car was all his. Like the guys in the parking lot really cared.

"Lindy?" James asked while walking into the school. I looked at him to let him know that he had my attention. "Why don't you ever talk?" I raised my eyes over his head and said, "I do talk, now go to class."

He gave me a small smile and ran to class with his backpack jumping up and down. He's a freshman. Didn't know what to expect. Didn't know that his older sister was constantly being talked about.

They think that I don't know. But I do. I feel the eyes following me when I walk in the halls. everytime i ignore someone, or give them short quick answers, i know what I'm doing.

It has to be this way. No ties are better than having too many. Does that make sense? Probably doesn't. I don't care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home